Thursday, February 23, 2012

3rd 32K LSD Run to UP Diliman on February 19, 2012

The 32Kers! Congrats Doc Gracielle!!!

Last Sunday, February 19, 2012, I am again on the road, running my favorite LSD route to UP Diliman via Quezon Avenue the third time around in just a month time. But something new and first this time, I got company and not just one but three!

Joining me during my third LSD to UP was Doc Gracielle, who was doing her first 32K distance LSD, Rain, a fellow marathoner and Jane who was also doing her first above 3K distance :-)

Our route was generally the same with my previous LSD to UP Diliman, via Quezon Avenue with the thrills of the several elevations from Espana to Pantranco and Delta area, entry point to UP was still via Philcoa and right turn to University Avenue.

This time we did 6 loops at the UP Oval before going back to Espana. That would make a total of 32K back to back including the 6 loops at the Oval.

For me, I have longer total distance since I jog from our apartment in Sta. Mesa up to Espana and did recovery walk going home. Making a total of 36.8K! For a view of our route via dailymile.com, please click HERE.

Trio! My fellow OK OK Runners, Sir Otek & Jon
During our LSD at the UP oval, we met several friends whose also on their own LSD or training like Ian Yu aka Dagul Runner, the ever beautiful and sexy Melly Ng, and the two future BDM Ultra Marathoners Sir Otek and Jon Bruce, good luck to you guys!!!

We started at around 4:10 AM from Mini Stop Vicente Cruz in Espana, by that time I was already warmed up as I jog from Sta. Mesa. We arrived at UP Diliman at almost 6 AM with a major pit stop at Jollibee Philcoa which ate up at least 15 minutes.

The 6 loops of the Oval which is around 13K plus took us almost 2 hours to tackle, after that we were on our way back to Espana.

We clocked 4:59H to finished our 32K LSD as we arrived back at Mini Stop Vicente Cruz at 9:09AM. We did several cooling down stretches and some photo ops before parting ways. As I did my own recovery walk back home, making a total of 6:07H on the road - my longest time on the road so far, even beating my full marathon slowest time  :-)

My new LSD partners, Jane, Rain & Doc Gracielle
It was nice running with you guys, hope to have more running miles with you!

See you on the road everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment