Saturday, December 3, 2011

Countdown to my First Full Marathon at QCIM3 Tomorrow

In less than 10 hours, the gun will bang for the start of the 42K event at the Quezon City International Marathon 2011. This will be my first Full Marathon after running seven official Half Marathons since February 2011 and one Afroman Distance (32K) last November 13 at Run United 3.

It's mixed emotions now especially that I am feeling that my body wants to have colds (signs of itchy throat and slight headache since yesterday). I have been bombarding myself with Vitamin C to combat it.

Though I have tried running half marathons with colds, running 42K will be a lot different.

As a motivator, I am posting the finisher medals for both half marathon and full marathon events.

Photo courtesy of JazzRunner
Medals have the same design except that the medal with yellow ribbon has "Marathon Finisher" engraving while the Blue-Ribbon medal has "Half Marathon Finisher" engraving.

For the last time, here's the various race maps for our reference.


Last year's QCIM was my first 10K event, this year it's my first Full Marathon! I will be running under the banner of PinoyFitness.com this time.
See you on the road guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment