I signed up for the 21K category and it will be my sixth (6th) run on the same category for this year. Milo Marathon has been implementing cut-off time for the race, for 21K the cut-off time is 2:30hrs.
For my past half marathon races, my fastest time is 2:04 at the Run with the Masters last April 17, 2011 and my slowest time is 2:18 garnered during my first 21K run at the Condura Skyway Marathon last February 6, 2011 as well as during my back to back 21K run at Goldilocks 45th Anniversary Run (May 15) and Greentennial Half Marathon (May 22).
Though, my previous finishes were inside the cut-off time, I am still uncertain especially if the weather would be rainy or wet. I just hope it will be a good and exciting run tomorrow.
Lastly, I would like to share the last few reminders from the race organizers, Runrio, Inc.
Hello 35th Milo Marathon Manila Leg participants!
The starting gun for this year’s edition of this legendary race will be fired a number of hours from now. As we end our final preparations tonight, we at Runrio together with Nestle Philippines, Inc. would like to leave you with the following last minute reminders:
RACE DETAILS:1. The 35th Milo Marathon Manila Leg will be held at the SM Mall of Asia grounds. This is a new venue considering that the past Milo Marathons in Manila were held at the Quirino Grandstand area.
2. The following are the gun start times per category, please do get to the race venue (SM Mall of Asia grounds) early to avoid any inconvenience in case you arrive when the affected roads are closed already.
|Race Category||Gun Start||Race Maps|
|3K Kiddie Run||5:30AM||3K map|
|5K Fun Run||5:30AM||5K map|
3. Open Car Parks within the SM Mall of Asia vicinity are located at:
- Block 12 – event area
- Block 16 carpark
- Imax parking
- Discovery parking
- Block 2
- Block 14
- South open parking facing SMX
- North Parking Building
- South Parking Building
4. Display your race bib clearly on the front of your singlet at all times during the race. Failure to do so will result to disqualification.
5. Please run only in the race category you registered in. If you did not, your timing will not be considered/counted.
6. Do not forget to write your personal details at the back of your race bib. This is essential in the event of emergency.
7. Runners should wear their Milo Marathon singlets during the race or they will not be allowed to run.
8. Official cut-off times for each race category will be implemented. Only those who met the cut-off times of their race category will be eligible to the Finisher’s Certificate (all categories), Finisher’s Medal (21km and 42km) and Finisher’s Shirt (42km).
|Race Category||Cut-off Time|
|3K Kiddie Run||1 hour after official start of race|
|5K Fun Run||1 hour after official start of race|
|10K||1 1/2 hours after official start of race|
|21K||2 1/2 hours after official start of race|
|42.195K||6 hours after official start of race|
9. Baggage Area is available for 10km, 21km and 42km participants only. 3km and 5km participants are advised to bring only belongings that can be held by the hand as they will be expected to take care of their own personal items.
1. The event takes place rain or shine but we would like to advise everyone to take the necessary precautionary measures just in case this will be a wet race. You can refer to this previous post HERE for tips on how to run safely under the rain.
2. Don’t forget to EAT and HYDRATE before running – at least TWO HOURS before running to give you energy to run and finish your race.
3. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. If you are going into the race with not enough preparation/training, check your body’s reaction to the activity. Make sure that you are capable of running the race category you signed-up for. If you are unsure and is not feeling comfortable, nobody will be forcing you to run or finish the race because if you are feeling anything wrong, you may not be able to finish it altogether.
4. QUIT at the sign of any unease – difficulty in breathing, cold feeling creeping from below your body going updward, dizziness, feelling of throwing up. For any unusual and uneasy feeling, inform the nearest marshall on-site or anybody who can call the ambulance or medics to assist you.
5. MAKE SURE that you are physically ready to run especially for the long distance categories of 21km and 42km. There is so much our mind can do to make us go over our potentials and/or limits but what our body says should always be a main consideration too.
Runrio Inc. shares in all the excitement and anticipation of all runners and we would like to wish everyone to have a very great and safe running experience.
See you all at the starting line!