Sunday, July 24, 2011

Takbo.ph Runfest 2011 - Race Pics & Comments

Today, July 24, 2011 was the Takbo.ph Runfest 2011 at the Bonifacio Global City. It was second 16K event this year, the first was during the Yakult 10-Miler last March 27 at Roxas Boulevard.

The 16K route was so challenging, mostly uphill and downhill that passed through McKinley Hill and Bayani Road. The best 16K route so far, but it was also the hardest route, I was not able to beat my previous time of 1:33. But all was well and good with my time of 1:45!

Along Bayani Road
As usual, I ran alone but was greeted by the cheering and friendly volunteers and marshalls in every corner turn especially near the finish line, start at the last 1km to the finish.

But of course, I was joined by my running mates at the finish line for the photo finish shots and little talk. Finally, I met teacher Cheryl in person, and was able to meet again Ms. Melly Ng after her stint in our company.

Lastly, I got to know new peeps in the running community like the friends of Ms. Melly Ng and friends of Ms. Rexie Saldivar. Nice meeting you all guys!

With Melly Ng, Sir Val and Friends
Indeed, it was a roller coaster ride along the hills of McKinley and Bayani Road. Got some minor blisters but it was part of the fun! See you on the road guys! Next in line is the 35th National Milo Marathon on July 31st!

My personalized bib number and 16K finisher medal

For more takbo.ph Runfest 2011 photos, please visit my FB page or click HERE.

Thank you takbo.ph for the awesome event! Til next year :-)

Please do visit also my personal blog at Journey to Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment