Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Condura Skyway Marathon 2012 - My Race Kit

Last Sunday, I claimed my race kit for the upcoming Condura Skyway Marathon 2012 also known as the Run for the Mangroves at the Riovanna store in Bonifacio Global City just after the first Pinoy Fitness group Run which featured Ms. Mars Birthday LSD Run. I participated as back-up pacer in that lovely and memorable event.
Just claimed!
Last year, Condura Skyway Marathon 2011 was my first 21K (Half Marathon) run. I was so eager to register that time but this year I got some hesitations such as the far venue which is in Filinvest Alabang, the increasing registration fees among others. But I finally decided to run again in the Skyway for the following reasons;

1. Running in the Skyway only happens once a year and it might be my last time running in that route.
2. It is still for a CAUSE (planting mangroves in Zamboanga-soon to be my hometown).
3. It will be my first time running from Filinvest Alabang to Makati, which will pass by several cities such as Taguig, Pasay, Makati among others.
4. It is the first midnight run in the country and also it will be my first midnight run!
5. For the love of running and of course for the BIG 42K medal to add up in my collection :-)

My Dri-fit Tech Shirt, Bib Number and D-Tag
It will be my second Full Marathon in just two months, my first FM was on December 4, 2011 at the Quezon City International Marathon and I hope though I have little mileage of around 85 kilometers for the month of January I can still finish strong during my next FM.

See you on the road guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment